Monday, March 15, 2010

Flowers at the Alvear Palace Hotel

I've always admired the flowers at hotels and being an amateur floral arranger myself, I tend to study them closely. The florist for the elegant Buenos Aires hotel, the Alvear Palace, chose a brilliant red orange colour as the predominant theme in the lobby spaces.


The combination of the red hypericum berry with the roses was carried through on the lobby bar.


Even our room had roses in the sitting area and at breakfast there was a posey bouquet based on the same theme.



This last arrangement is my own inspired by the beautiful bouquets at the Alvear using a rose with more yellow in it. My hypericum berries didn't look as fresh as the ones at the hotel after a couple of days.....maybe Argentina has a better source for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment